Welcome Our St. Joseph's Hospital
We are here to hear and heal your health problems!
Dharmagiri hospitals date back to the year 1934 when the hospital was established of a hillock in Kothamangalam by Msgr. Joseph C. Panjikaran M.A; PhD; D.D; DCL, the founder of Medical Sisters of St. Joseph with the purpose of providing medical aid for the poor and downtrodden in the society. He named the hospital “Dharmagiri” (Charity Mount) and he thought it should radiate the “Compassionate Love of Jesus Christ” to all those who approach for medical aid.
St. Joseph’s Hospital at Kothamangalam town is an extension of what was begun by Msgr. Joseph C. Panjikaran. The hospital started as a small dispensary in 1953 and from this humble beginning, over the years it has grown in stature to a full-fledged 300 bedded Multispeciality hospital providing quality health care to all sections of the society at affordable cost. Besides the various medical, surgical and superspeciality services, there is School of Nursing, College of Nursing (INC recognized) and School of Medical Laboratory Technology. We also have community health projects in the form of rural medical aid programmes and regular free eye camps in various parts of Idukki and Ernakulam District.